Summary of Position: The Senior Director of Communications and Marketing is responsible for the implementation of an ambitious marketing plan designed to promote Child Care Aware® of America’s programs, products, and services to generate revenue. The Senior Director of Communications and Marketing will play a significant role in driving all marketing objectives across Child Care Aware® of America’s cross-functional teams to meet the goals of the organization’s strategic plan. He or she will oversee the implementation of Child Care Aware® of America’s strategic goal and direct the design and production of Child Care Aware® of America visual, print and online materials. The Director of Marketing operates across a range of specialized service delivery areas including print and electronic delivery of information, and across all media channels including radio, television, and printed media.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop long range strategies and revise marketing plan as needed to achieve Child Care Aware® of America’s strategic plan objectives.
- Direct overall marketing objectives, communication strategies, and translate them into opportunities that increase profitability and visibility of Child Care Aware® of America’s products and services.
- Manage Child Care Aware® of America and affiliate brands to ensure brand integrity.
- Provide strategic direction for promotion and advertising of Child Care Aware® of America products and services.
- Work in close partnership with Child Care Aware® of America management team to identify potential sales opportunities, and develop plans and action steps to achieve sales goals.
- Work with Child Care Aware® of America management team to ensure the best possible service and effective communications to Child Care Aware® of America membership and customers.
- Direct strategy development to increase profitability with existing programs, products, and services.
- Manage the production and maintenance of content for all of Child Care Aware® of America’s web sites.
- Develop and evaluate the content and design of all marketing communication materials for individual programs and organization-wide marketing campaigns.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities including print, online, trade shows, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Ensure that all marketing and print collateral is consistent with the organization’s strategic message, branding, and visual identity.
- Work with state and local CCR&R members and appropriate public and private organizations to execute the marketing agenda.
- Coordinate across departments to effectively provide and promote a wide range of products and services.
- Work closely with events team in planning and promoting the Annual Policy Symposium, Regional Institutes, and other Child Care Aware® of America sponsored events.
- Work on parent engagement projects to ensure effective marketing to parents nationwide.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field with minimum of five years’ experience in marketing, communications. Advanced degree preferred
- Product launch experience required
- Online marketing and social networking experience required
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate client needs and recommend effective solutions to problems
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop valued relationships with senior-level management team, based upon broad knowledge of marketing and promotional principles and insights
- Ability to work cross-functionally on multiple projects within stringent deadlines
- Ability to develop and manage the production of creative materials from inception to finished product e.g. direct mail, radio/TV spots and newspaper ads
- Excellent professional writing and communication skills
- Polished presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a complex and highly motivated team of experts
- Demonstrated planning and leadership skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior project management and organizational skills
Child Care Aware of America