The Help Desk Representative Staff – Level III (3) is primarily responsible for communicating to Child Care Aware® of America’s technical services staff on services provided, and local Child Care Resource and Referral agency (CCR&R) needs and requests for child care software improvement, development, modification and additions.
This position also covers a “Lead” position to coordinate day-to-day operations of the Help Desk Team in conjunction with the NACCRRA Data Services (NDS) Program under the Technology Team.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Testing of new functionality and bug fixes and report results of testing.
- Assist in the development of specifications for new features within NACCRRAware, Child Care Online, Training Tracking, Technical Assistance Tracking, Single Sign On, etc.
- Assist with sales and marketing of NACCRRA Data Services and NACCRRAware to prospective customers.
- Use of software to collect, track and prioritize NACCRRA Data Services and NACCRRAware bugs and feature requests, according to the guidelines set by NACCRRA technical staff.
- Formal and informal communication to Child Care Aware® of America’s technical services staff on services provided, and local CCR&R agency needs and requests for child care software improvement, development, modification and additions.
- Reports detailing work accomplished such as but not limited to:
- Quarterly reports which include the following information:
- Total number of calls, faxes and emails.
- Total number of hours spent providing services
- Training Details
- Total number of trainings provided over the month period
- Total number of hours of training provided over the month period
- Total number of attendees at training(s) over the month period
- Topics of Training and issues reported during training
- Staffing Details
- Total number of hours spent on the following areas:
- NACCRRAware, Child Care Online, Training Tracking, Technical Assistance Tracking, and Single Sign On Technical Support
- NACCRRAware, Child Care Online, Training Tracking, Technical Assistance Tracking, Single Sign On and Common Data Source Administration (writing, newsletters, FAQ’s etc)
- NACCRRAware, Child Care Online, Training Tracking and Technical Assistance Tracking, Single Sign On and Common Data Source Testing
- NACCRRAware, Child Care Online, Training Tracking, Technical Assistance Tracking, and Single Sign On On-site training
- NACCRRAware, Child Care Online, Training Tracking, Technical Assistance Tracking, and Single Sign On Virtual Training
- General Admin (internal support, meetings, etc)
- Other Details – includes a summary of unidentified details that are critical to meeting the technical support needs of local CCR&R.
- Daily email and phone communication to inform Child Care Aware® of America’s technical staff of needs and issues with local CCR&R agencies and their efforts to utilize NACCRRAware, Child Care Online, Training Tracking, Technical Assistance Tracking, and Single Sign On, etc.
- Travel four times per year (including trip for National Child Care Policy Symposium) to Virginia to meet with Child Care Aware® of America’s technical staff.
- Consult with Child Care Aware® of America staff regarding business policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and staff on-site consultation and training as requested by Clients, expenses for travel would be charged directly to the customer.
- Maintain a high-speed Internet connection for handling day-to-day and ongoing work with Child Care Aware® of America and the CCR&Rs served.
- Ongoing maintenance and support of CCR&R database utilized for Technical Support data collection.
- Support on incidents and issues escalated to Technology Staff.
- Communication of new users and new participants in the system.
- Provision of software, training and support for development and implementation of NDS Help System.
- Other duties as assigned and needed from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Early Childhood Education (master's degree preferred) and two years or more administrative experience in the human services field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of the early childhood delivery system. Proficiency with computer technology, networks, word processing, and databases. Experience in the CCR&R systems.
- General understanding of Databases and Database Management Systems
- General knowledge of Quality Assurance and Testing functions and processes including data definitions, data checks, data cleaning, etc.
- Preferred CCR&R experience in a data or research role
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, discounts, interest and proportions to practical situations, and other mathematical skills required to effectively plan and administer agency and/or program budgets.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Child Care Aware® of America