Position Goal: Through the efforts of the Web Developer, Child Care Aware® of America will deliver valuable Web-based information and services to members, customers, and early childhood professionals.
General Function:The primary responsibility of the Web Developer is to support CCA’s programs by developing and maintaining effective, informative Web sites and services that are visually appealing, easy to use, and consistent with the organization’s branding and key messages. Such websites include: naccrra.org – CCA’s primary internet presence; ChildCareAware.org - Child Care Aware is a program of Child Care Aware® of America that provides consumer education resources to parents on a variety of child care related topics; and other websites and custom web applications as needed. These may include:
- Bachelor's degree in computer or technical-related field or 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Content Management Systems: Drupal 6x, Drupal 7x
- Module Development: Familiarity using key contributed modules such as core API, Fields and Views, along with creating custom modules.
- Databases: Microsoft Access, SQL Server, MySQL
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite 5, Apache
Other Knowledge/Skills desired:
- Strong graphic/user-interface design skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deliver results in a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills and dedication to quality
- Solid customer service abilities
- Java and Perl experience
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for leading the design, implementation of websites
- Analyze, plan, design, and develop complex and business-critical software solutions and specifications using appropriate software engineering processes
- Analyze business requirements, determine specifications, provide development estimates and feedback, and determine implementation and execution approaches
- Collaborate with senior and junior developers, database administrators and network and quality assurance teams to design and implement quality software solutions
- Support, troubleshoot, monitor, and optimize new and existing systems software and streamline software development by driving the integration process, automating manual processes, and eradicating defects
- Effective oral and written communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Develops and delivers updates and other modifications to software according to specifications.
- Works with customers and team members to ensure that software development is responsive to customer needs.
- Assists in the specification of updates, modifications, and client-requested modules.
- Works with technical support representatives to provide answers to advanced-level technical support inquiries.
- Keeps abreast of technological developments in the IT field.
- Carries out other such duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Frequent site updates to include newsletters, brochures, and articles.
- Improved search function and enhanced referral information.
- Usage reporting and analysis.
- Collection and analysis of access log data.
- Promotion of sites through regular search engine submission.
- Develop website analysis tools as necessary.
- Create compelling and professional user-interface designs that are consistent with the organization’s visual identity.
Child Care Aware® of America