Get Help Finding and Paying for Child Care
Thank you for your interest in our Air Force fee assistance programs. If you do not have access to an on-base child care provider, you may be eligible to participate in the program. These Air Force pages contain detailed information about which programs are available and how to apply.
Effective October 1, 2014, Child Care Aware® of America will implement changes to the policies and procedures affecting how child care fee assistance is calculated. Please click here to view changes listed in the Air Force Program Updates section.
(Please visit the How to Apply page for additional information regarding the application process, as well as the required supporting application documents)
Additional Eligibility Requirements
For general program eligibility, please view our program description page. Additional eligibility requirements may vary by program. Below is a list of common eligibility requirements for Air Force Families:
- Fee assistance programs are provided for children ages birth through 12 years.
- The Service Member’s spouse must be working or enrolled in school for the OMCC, MCCYN or Fallen Warrior programs (also applies to unmarried parents living in the same household). Temporary assistance is available for spouses who are seeking employment.
- All programs require Families to use a provider with a state child care license who has been inspected within the last 12 months. For the MCCYN program, providers must meet additional high quality standards.
- For the MCCYN program, families living near an installation must be on the waiting list for on-installation child care before they can receive fee assistance. Each family's on-installation waitlist status will be verified through the branch of service, and may be re-verified at the time of annual recertification and before processing any request to change providers.
- Subsidies to eligible providers shall be calculated by computing the difference between the Air Force monthly fee based on TFI and the provider’s rate, which shall not exceed the maximum fair market rate of $900.00 per month for all localities. If the difference between the Air Force monthly fee and your provider’s rate is determined to be less than $25 a month, then a monthly amount of child care fee assistance will not be authorized.