Get Help Finding and Paying for Child Care
Thank you for your interest in our Marine Corps fee assistance programs. These pages contain detailed information about available programs and how to apply for fee assistance.
In May 2013, the Marine Corps issued a MARADMIN to provide clarifying guidance regarding their off base subsidy child care program. The purpose of this MARADMIN was to explain the eligibility requirements and fee assistance amounts available to qualifying families. To view the MARADMIN, please click here.
Marines assigned to a unit at MCAS Miramar and MCRD San Diego Western Recruiting Region may qualify for fee assistance. Please apply now to find out if you are eligible as space is limited.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
For general program eligibility, please view our program description page. Additional eligibility requirements may vary by program. Below is a list of common eligibility requirements for Marine Families:
- Fee assistance programs are provided for children ages birth through 12 years.
- Geographically dispersed active duty Marine Families must be living outside of a 15 mile radius of a USMC military installation with a child development program.
- Child must live with the active duty Marine except during deployment or unaccompanied orders driven by cases of extenuating circumstances. Information is verified in DEERS.
- Spouse of Marine (also applies to unmarried parents living in the same household) must be employed full time (35 hours per week or more), enrolled in a full-time education program or assigned as the non-medical attendant for the Wounded Warrior. Part-time employment coupled with part-time education may be considered . Temporary assistance is available for spouses who are seeking employment.
- All programs require families to use a provider with a state child care license who has been inspected within the last 12 months.
- Please note that the Marine Corps will not back-pay families. If your file is approved, it will be approved from the month that your application is completed (including all your supporting documents) and meets all eligibility requirements.