Get Help Finding and Paying for Child Care
Thank you for your interest in our Marine Corps fee assistance programs. These pages contain detailed information about available programs and how to apply for fee assistance.
In November 2014, the Marine Corps issued a MARADMIN to provide clarifying guidance regarding their off base subsidy child care program. The purpose of this MARADMIN was to explain the eligibility requirements and fee assistance amounts available to qualifying families. To view the MARADMIN, please click here.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
For general program eligibility, please view our program description page. Additional eligibility requirements may vary by program. Below is a list of common eligibility requirements for Marine Families:
- Fee assistance programs are provided for children ages birth through 12 years.
- Geographically dispersed active duty Marine families must be living outside of a 15 mile radius of a USMC military installation with no-access to military operated or military sponsored child-care, including children who are not able to use military childcare due to school age transportation issues.
- Child must live with the active duty Marine, except during deployment orders. Cases of extenuating circumstances may be considered for eligibility. Information is verified in DEERS.
- Spouse of Marine (also applies to unmarried parents living in the same household) must be employed full time (35 hours per week or more), enrolled in a full-time education program or assigned as the non-medical attendant for the Wounded Warrior. Part-time employment coupled with part-time education may be considered.
- Temporary assistance is available for spouses who are seeking employment.
- All programs require families to use a provider with a state child care license who has been inspected within the last 12 months.
- Subsidies to eligible providers shall be calculated by computing the difference between the DoD monthly fee based on TFI and the provider’s rate, which shall not exceed the maximum fair market rate of $900.00 per month for all localities. If the difference between the DoD monthly fee and your provider’s rate is determined to be less than $25 a month, then a monthly amount of child care fee assistance will not be authorized.
- Please note that the Marine Corps will not back-pay families. If your file is approved, it will be approved from the month that your application is completed (including all your supporting documents) and meets all eligibility requirements.