New MARADMIN Released 5/10/13 for Off Base Fee Assistance Programs
On May 10th 2013, Headquarters Marine Corps Children, Youth and Teen Programs issued MARADMIN 243/13. The purpose of this new MARADMIN is to ensure the program is consistent, yet affordable within the limits of funding. MARADMIN 243/13 details the new eligibility and funding guidelines for active duty Marine service members applying for off base fee assistance.
Families currently authorized for Marine Corps Off Base Child Care Fee Assistance may see a change in eligibility or a reduction in the total amount of fee assistance authorized. Child Care Aware of America will implement the changes in eligibility and funding, as described in MARADMIN 243/13. Please be informed of the following changes to eligibility and funding for families enrolled in the following programs:
- Operation Military Child Care (OMCC),
- Military Child Care in Your Neighborhood (MCCYN)
Child Care Aware® of America will implement the following changes effective immediately:
- Geographically dispersed active duty Marine families must live outside of a 15 mile radius of a USMC military installation with a child development program.
- Child must live with the active duty Marine except during deployment or unaccompanied orders driven by cases of extenuating circumstances. Information is verified in DEERS.
- Spouse of Marine must be employed full-time (35 hours a week or more), enrolled in a full-time education program or assigned as the non-medical attendant for the Wounded Warrior. Part-time employment coupled with part-time education may be considered.
- Wounded and Fallen Marine families are encouraged to contact Child Care Aware® of America to discuss specific eligibility requirements
- All families that qualify (except in locations identified as critical areas) will receive a subsidy not to exceed 3,000 dollars annually (up to 250 dollars per month) per child.
- Any care outside of full-time care (part-day/part-time/before and/or after school) will be paid at 20 percent of the total cost of care for each child. Current users will see a change at time of recertification.
- These eligibility guidelines will not apply retroactively.
- In cases of extenuating circumstance, a waiver may be authorized. Waiver requests shall be submitted to HQMC (MFY-3) using an Administrative Action (AA) form. All requests must be accompanied by one endorsement from the battalion commander or equivalent.