Child Care Aware® of America Disaster Related Publications
Emergency Preparedness for Child Care: A How-to Guide
- Emergency Preparedness for Child Care: A How-to Guide, includes Is Your Child Care Program Ready?, PowerPoint slides, and recommended national standards for emergency preparedness in child care.
Is Your Child Care Program Ready? A Disaster Planning Guide for Child Care Centers and Family Child Care Homes
- This package contains two publications. Is Your Child Care Program Ready? and the colorful brochure, What’s the Plan?: Ask Your Child Care Provider Before A Disaster, (also available for sale separately).
Is Child Care Ready? A Disaster Planning Guide for Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies
Protecting Children in Child Care During Emergencies
- Save the Children and Child Care Aware of America call on policymakers, parents, community organizations, the child care community, local agencies and other emergency preparedness planning groups to join us in urging lawmakers to use the following national standards to protect children in child care during emergencies.
Keeping Children Safe: A Policy Agenda for Child Care in Emergencies
- This report serves as the foundation for a national awareness campaign/ policy agenda to ensure that children are safe in a time of crisis.
Nurturing Children After Natural Disasters
- Provides basic disaster preparation information, as well as specific guidance on helping children cope with the aftermath of natural disasters.
What’s the Plan? Ask Your Child Care Provider Before A Disaster
- This colorful brochure, sold in packs of 50, is designed to help parents ensure the safety and well-being of their children during a disaster.
Child Care Aware® of America’s Public Policy Recommendations
- This two page summary gives an overview of child care planning and recovery recommendations before a disaster strikes and during recovery.